Celebrating Our Catholic Life
Our Catholic faith is at the very heart of our school and is evidenced as soon as you step through our doors by what you will see, hear and feel inside St. Peter's school.
Our St. Peter’s Catholic School Mission is that pupils, parents staff, governors and parish build together a learning community which develops love, concern for each other and forgiveness, by living out the Gospel. We aim to grow through God’s Gospel. Each half term we focus on a particular Gospel Value. These are; Love, Hope, Honesty, Respect, Forgiveness and Perseverance. Each child has the opportunity to reflect on the focus Gospel Value and create a Vale leaf to be hung on our classroom Gospel Value trees.
Serving Our Parish and School Community
We serve our parish of St. Peter’s and the local community in many ways sharing God's message of love with others whenever we can. Some ways in which we do this are:
- Our Junior classes attend Parish Masses every Thursday throughout the year where children from our school lead the collective worship for the parish.
- Shared preparation in school and in the parish each year for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. We also have regular communication with parents to ensure that families are fully involved in preparations.
- Working closely with all our families.
- We make Christmas Cards for our local parishioners.
- We are proud to have a number of Altar Servers at our local Parish.